- Alberto VO5 Conditioning Hairdressing. To kill fleas on dogs or cats, bathe the animal, pour Alberto VO5 Conditioning Hairdressing on its coat, rub in thoroughly, and rinse clean. The hair conditioner kills fleas and gives your pet's coat a wonderful shine as well. (For ways to rid your home of fleas, see below.)
- Dawn Dishwashing Liquid. To kill fleas on a dog, lather up the dog with the dishwashing liquid and some water, rub in thoroughly, and wait five minutes. Then rinse well. The dishwashing liquid destroys the fleas' exoskeletons, killing them.
- Hartz UltraGuard Flea and Tick Collar. Place a Hartz UltraGuard Flea and Tick Collar in the bag of your vacuum cleaner. The chemicals on the flea collar inside the bag will kill any fleas sucked up by the vacuum cleaner.
- Miracle Whip. To repel fleas from a cat, cover the cat with a thick coat of Miracle Whip, rub it into your pet's skin and fur, and then wipe the animal clean with a damp towel. The cat will continue the bathing process by licking itself and the Miracle Whip clean, resulting in a clean coat that repels fleas.
- Morton Salt. To kill fleas in your house, pour plain Morton Salt (not iodized) on the carpet and upholstered furniture, let sit for three hours or longer, vacuum, and dispose of the vacuum bag.
- Skin So Soft Bath Oil. To prevent fleas on a dog, mix two ounces Skin So Soft Bath Oil in one gallon of water, pour the solution into a trigger-spray bottle, and spray the mixture on the dog. Skin So Soft repels fleas for at least one week and also leaves the animal's coat shiny.
- 20 Mule Team Borax. Sprinkle a light coat of 20 Mule Team Borax on the carpets, floors, and furniture, use a broom to sweep the dry borax powder into the carpeting, let it sit for twenty-four hours, and then vacuum clean. The borax absorbs all the moisture from the fleas, dehydrating the pests.
Copyright Ⓒ 2020 by Joey Green. All rights reserved.