- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. To freshen the smell of a garbage disposer, instead of throwing out that old box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda that's been sitting in the refrigerator or freezer, gradually pour it down the drain and flush with water. Or better yet, pour two tablespoons Arm & Hammer Baking Soda down the garbage disposer every week.
- Clorox Bleach. To clean a garbage disposer, pour Clorox Bleach down your sink, being careful to avoid splashing any bleach on your skin. (Do not pour bleach down your sink if you have a septic tank; otherwise the bleach will kill the beneficial bacteria.)
- Heinz White Vinegar. Fill an ice cube tray with Heinz White Vinegar, place in the freezer until frozen, grind the ice cubes through the disposer, and flush with cold water. Just be sure to leave a note on the ice cube tray in the freezer to prevent anyone from using the cubes of frozen vinegar in a tall glass of iced tea.
- ReaLemon. Pour ¼ cup ReaLemon lemon juice down the drain into your garbage disposer, let sit for fifteen minutes, and flush with clean water.
- 20 Mule Team Borax. To neutralize acidic odors, sprinkle two to three table-spoons 20 Mule Team Borax in the drain, let stand for fifteen minutes, then flush with water while running the disposer.
Copyright Ⓒ 2018- by Joey Green. All rights reserved.