Chrome Faucets and Handles
- Alberto VO5 Conditioning Hairdressing. To shine chrome faucet and handles, squeeze some Alberto VO5 Conditioning Hairdressing on a soft, dry cloth and buff lightly.
- Arm & Hammer Clean Shower. To clean chrome fixtures, simply spray on Arm & Hammer Clean Shower, wait twenty minutes, and wipe clean.
- Canada Dry Club Soda. To polish chrome, fill a trigger-spray bottle with Canada Dry Club Soda, spray the fixtures, and wipe clean.
- Colgate Regular Flavor Toothpaste. To clean chrome faucets and handles, squeeze a dollop of Colgate Regular Flavor Toothpaste on a soft, clean cloth and rub the fixture. The toothpaste is a mild abrasive that cleans chrome beautifully. Rinse thoroughly.
- Huggies Baby Wipes. Use a Huggies Baby Wipe to clean chrome faucets.
- Johnson's Baby Oil. Apply a few drops of Johnson's Baby Oil with a damp cloth to faucets and handles and polish with a clean, soft cloth.
- Parsons' Ammonia. To clean chrome faucets and handles, mix ¼ cup Parsons' Ammonia and one quart hot water. Apply with a soft cloth and rinse clean.
- Reynolds Wrap. Crumple up a sheet of Reynolds Wrap and use the balled-up aluminum foil as a gentle scrubber to polish the chrome fixtures.
- Smirnoff Vodka. Dampen a clean, soft cloth with Smirnoff Vodka and wipe the chrome faucets and handles clean. The alcohol removes soap scum and cal-cium and lime deposits.
- Turtle Wax. To prevent water spots from forming on chrome faucets and han-dles, rub a little Turtle Wax into the fixtures and buff well with a clean cloth.
- Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. To stop a faucet from screeching, coat the threads on the handle and stem with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly.
- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. To clean a sink, sprinkle Arm & Hammer Baking Soda on a damp sponge, scrub the sink, and rinse clean.
- Arm & Hammer Clean Shower. Spray the sink with Arm & Hammer Clean Shower, let sit twenty minutes, and wipe clean.
- Cascade. To clean a sink, sprinkle a little Cascade in the sink, add just enough water to make a paste, and gently rub the paste over the sink with a sponge. Let sit for fifteen minutes, then rinse clean.
- Colgate Regular Flavor Toothpaste. To clean a ceramic or stainless steel sink, apply Colgate Regular Flavor Toothpaste and scrub with a sponge. Tooth-paste is a mild abrasive that safely cleans any finish.
- Listerine. To clean hard water stains from a sink, sponge down the sink with Listerine antiseptic mouthwash, which conveniently disinfects the sink at the same time.
- ReaLemon and Morton Salt. To clean a sink, make a paste from ReaLemon lemon juice and Morton Salt, scrub the sink with a sponge dipped in the paste, and then rinse with water.
- Canada Dry Club Soda. To clean a porcelain sink, pour Canada Dry Club Soda over the bowl and wipe clean.
- Clorox Bleach. To whiten a porcelain sink, fill the sink with a solution of ¾ cup Clorox Bleach per gallon of water. Let sit for five minutes, then rinse clean.
- McCormick Cream of Tartar. Sprinkle McCormick Cream of Tartar on a damp cloth and rub the porcelain sink to clean it thoroughly.
- Cascade. To clean rust stains from a sink, fill the sink with hot water, add one tablespoon Cascade, and let stand for about ten minutes. Use an abrasive sponge to scrub the stains, then rinse clean with water. Repeat if necessary.
- Coca-Cola. To clean rust stains from a sink, cover the stains with Coca-Cola, let sit for one hour, and rinse clean. The phosphoric acid in the Coke removes the rust.
- 20 Mule Team Borax and ReaLemon. To clean rust stains from a sink, scrub with a paste made from 20 Mule Team Borax and ReaLemon lemon juice. Rinse with water.
- WD-40. To avoid causing a leak when turning off a shutoff valve that hasn't been used for a long time, spray a little WD-40 on the spot where the stem meets the packing nut. Turn the handle one turn, return the handle to its original posi-tion, and wait a few minutes to allow the oil to seep inside before using.
- Clorox Bleach. To clean a rubber sink mat, fill the sink with water, add ¼ cup Clorox Bleach, and soak the mat for five to ten minutes. Rinse clean.
Copyright Ⓒ 2019 by Joey Green. All rights reserved.