- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, and Dawn. In a bucket, mix the contents of one small box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, two cups Hydrogen Peroxide, one teaspoon Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, and one gallon warm water. Use a scrub brush to wash with this solution.
- Campbell's Tomato Juice. Empty two one-quart cans of Campbell's Tomato Juice into a bucket, and sponge the juice full-strength all over your body, face, and through your hair while sitting in a bathtub with the drain plugged. Fill the bathtub with water and soak in the diluted tomato juice for fifteen minutes, then rinse clean. Pour Campbell's Tomato Soup over your pet and rub it in. Sponge it over the pet's face. Rinse and repeat. The acids from the tomatoes neutralize the skunk smell.
- Coca-Cola. Pour four two-liter bottles of Coke into a bucket, sponge yourself down in shower, and rinse clean. The acids in the Coca-Cola kill skunk odor.
- Listerine. Applying Listerine full-strength to the affected areas removes the smell of skunk spray on humans and dogs. Avoid getting Listerine in eyes or ears. Then wash with soap and water, and rinse. The antiseptic in Listerine neutralizes the skunk odor.
- Massengill Disposable Medicated Douche. The ingredients in Massengill Disposable Medicated Douche neutralize skunk odor. Simply wash yourself or a sprayed animal with this feminine hygiene product, then rinse well.
- Playtex Living Gloves. If you're washing the smell of skunk from a child or a family pet, be sure to wear Playtex Living Gloves to avoid getting the skunk smell all over yourself.
- ReaLemon. You'll need several bottles of ReaLemon lemon juice to wash down your body or your pet, but the acids in lemon juice eliminate skunk odor—reportedly better than tomato juice.
Copyright Ⓒ 2019 by Joey Green. All rights reserved.