- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and 20 Mule Team Borax. To scrub mold or mildew from walls, tile, grout, or countertops, mix ⅔ cup Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and ⅓ cup 20 Mule Team Borax. Scour with a damp sponge, and rinse well.
- Clorox Bleach. To clean stubborn mold from around the rim of a bathtub, mix five teaspoons Clorox Bleach and two cups of warm water in a sixteen-ounce trigger spray bottle, and wearing rubber gloves, goggles and protective clothing (and making sure the room is well ventilated), spray the solution on the mold or mildew. Let sit until the color vanishes, rinse clean with water, and let dry.
- Heinz White Vinegar. To kill mold, saturate the affected area with Heinz White Vinegar, scrub with a sponge, and rinse clean.
- Hydrogen Peroxide. To kill mildew, mix two tablespoons Hydrogen Peroxide in a gallon of water, and wipe the surface with the solution. (Test on an inconspicuous spot first to make sure the hydrogen peroxide doesn't bleach the surface.).
- Tidy Cats. To prevent mold from growing, fill a bowl with Tidy Cats and place it in damp areas to absorb moisture. Without moisture, mold cannot grow.
- 20 Mule Team Borax and Heinz White Vinegar. To deter mold and mildew, mix one teaspoon 20 Mule Team Borax, three tablespoons Heinz White Vinegar, and two cups of hot water in a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle. Shake well, spray a fine mist of the solution on susceptible walls or counters in your bathroom, and let dry.
Copyright Ⓒ 2020 by Joey Green. All rights reserved.