- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. To clean baked-on food from the inside of an oven or to clean grease from the inside of an oven window, make a paste from Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and water, apply the paste to the spot with a damp sponge, and scrub. Rinse clean.
- Canada Dry Club Soda. To clean the outside of a stainless steel oven, fill a trigger-spray bottle with Canada Dry Club Soda, spray the oven, and wipe clean with a soft cloth. (For more ways to clean a stainless-steel oven, Click Here.)
- Dixie Cups. To protect the light bulb in the oven while you're using strong cleansers, cover the light bulb with a Dixie Cup. The translucent cup allows light to shine.
- Fantastik. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Fahrenheit, turn off, spray the interior walls, ceiling, and floor with Fantastik, and let sit for fifteen minutes to cool. Wipe with a soft, clean cloth.
- Morton Salt. If something bubbles over in the oven and starts smoking, open the oven and pour a mountain of salt to cover the spill on the oven floor. The salt stops the smoke so you can continue cooking. The next day, after the oven and the spill have cooled, use a spatula to lift out the congealed spill.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. To clean baked-on food from the inside of an oven, scrub the trouble spots with a damp Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Parsons' Ammonia, Heinz White Vinegar, and Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. To clean an oven, preheat the oven to 200 degrees for fifteen minutes, then turn off the oven, keeping the oven door closed. Place a saucer filled with Parsons' Ammonia on the top shelf of the oven, and place a glass bowl filled with two cups of boiling water on the bottom shelf. Close the oven door and let sit overnight. In the morning, remove the saucer and bowl, and discard the contents. Mix one cup Heinz White Vinegar, ½ cup Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, and two teaspoons Parsons' Ammonia, and use a sponge to apply the paste to the oven walls, let sit for fifteen minutes, then rinse clean with a damp cloth.
- Simple Green. In a bucket, mix equal parts Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner and water. With a sponge or spray bottle, apply the solution to the inside of the oven and let soak for three minutes. Scrub with a nylon brush or non-abrasive scrubbing pad. Rinse thoroughly with a clean sponge and water.
- Spray 'n Wash. To clean baked-on grease from a stovetop, spray Spray 'n Wash stain remover on baked-on grease on the stovetop, let it set for a few minutes, and then wipe clean.
Copyright Ⓒ 2019 by Joey Green. All rights reserved.